Monday, April 24, 2023

Mural Monday

I am a fan of murals and public art. Or should I say most public art....I'm looking at you 'Travelling Light', aka the Big Blue Ring in Calgary. Art is definitely subjective and sometimes divisive but always something to appreciate. 

Anyway, in the City of Red Deer, there are several sides and backs of buildings in and near the downtown core that have been transformed! I think it is such a great addition to the area and makes lurking in alleys extra fun and not at all suspicious. 



























Fitting mural for the Food Bank building.

Stay tuned for Part 2! More murals!!! Want more now? Check out these murals from all over the world!  

15 comments:

  1. ...WOW, you are a mural destination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty great! There was a project the last 2 years with local artists to complete these.

      Delete
  2. These are pretty special! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good choice by the powers that be to have a mural project!

      Delete
  3. I love murals too and these are some great ones! Too bad they had to put the dumpster in front of the one with the birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is one of my faves, I even tried to move the dumpster haha! It's always there too, I've checked!

      Delete
  4. Wow, those are pretty impressive and beautiful murals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill, I am glad someone in charge had the vision for this!

      Delete
  5. Hey, if this is Red deer , I've only seen four of these but have many photos of other murals. I'm going to have to get out more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red, yes these are all in Red Deer. Worth a walk around for sure!

      Delete
  6. Wow, so many amazing murals. The one with the butterflies might be my favourite :) Thanks for joining Monday Murals Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - these are fabulous. I actually recognize a couple of the artists. You will have to show us more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should've included the artists names, I think I will go back and do that. Very cool that you recognize some!

      Delete
  8. Lots of beautiful murals...especially the butterflies. (I like the Blue Ring too!)

    ReplyDelete