Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Abandoned Automobiles


On my back road outings, I occasionally see abandoned vehicles. I will sometimes see old trucks used as advertising or vehicles placed deliberately as 'lawn ornaments', which I think is cool and a neat way to use these old beauties. Other times, they are just sitting out in a field, nothing else around. How did they get there, why were they left there? Did they break down and the owner just said 'screw it'? However they came to be,  I enjoy finding them. 


My favourite truck, minutes from my house!
Remains of a Datsun

Nordegg work truck

Put out to Pasture

Bulwark beauty
UAC - unidentified abandoned car

Permanent Parking

Out in Left Field
Decoration?


Final Resting Place
If I could own a vintage vehicle, it'd be a 50's era Chevy truck. Not picky though! Are you partial to any vintage/antique vehicle? I was just thinking that my first car, a 1980 Pontiac Lemans, would be considered a 'classic car' now.  I wonder what ever happened to that old beast!

20 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd want a restored vintage car -- I'd be scared to get in an accident with it. Best just to "look" at them when there's a local Show 'n Shine on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know what you mean Debra..I might only drive it slow around town on sunny days.

      Delete
  2. Love this post. Their work is done! My favourite is the Bulwark beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, I like that one too. I always wondered if it belong to the house that was nearby, or did it end up there some other way.

      Delete
    2. The house was abandoned long ago also.

      Delete
  3. Kind of freaky to think that one's first car is now a classic lol...some of those abandoned vehicles are wonderful! I've seen a few around here too, they all had flat tires and look like they'd just been left. I love the old 30's "gangster" cars...REAL gangsters...not the modern type lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rain! The movie The Untouchables popped into my head when reading your comment!

      Delete
  4. Some great old vehicles there. I always love finding the used up things in life such as vehicles and abandoned houses. I love that last photo with the car and house both totally used up. Entering the house, I would expect to see some skeletons sitting around a table. :)
    Great post Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill, me too, I am drawn to these abandoned things.

      Delete
  5. Great pictures. Love this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! Some people find the coolest old vehicles, I don’t seem to spot them as much!

      Delete
  6. Nice post, Jenn. And since you asked...a 1961 Studebaker Lark convertible in yellow with black ragtop and interior with wide whitewall tires and full-size chrome wheel covers...a nice car for Sunday picnics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael! That’s very specific, love it! I can picture it now! 😉

      Delete
  7. Hey Jenn, Post as mant cars/ vehicles as you can - we'll help you ID them. :-)
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frank! I'll post any that I find from now on! Great hearing from you, thanks for reading!

      Delete
  8. These are really amazing photos. You've captured the wonderment of each photo, leaving one to wonder what is the story behind each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra! I wish I knew the history behind everything! My imagination will have to suffice in most cases. Thanks for reading my blog!

      Delete
  9. Hi Jenn,

    I also like seeing old rusted vehicles. I love seeing how the metal has aged and how the earth has embraced it. Plus old vehicles are more attractive than so many of our modern ones. I enjoyed seeing all your photos. Thank you for your kind messages.

    ReplyDelete