Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Moon Madness

I have always been fascinated with  the incomprehensible vastness of space. Not only is my head often in the clouds, it sometimes feels even farther.

There are a variety of celestial events this year including the SUPER BLOOD WOLF MOON ECLIPSE! Happening this Sunday. There is a lot going on at once....learn more about it here.

At Christmas, I received a crazy telephoto lens that I am looking forward to testing on this special moon. In preparation I took a couple shots a few days ago and am most impressed. It better not be cloudy, is all I keep thinking.

So here is a regular photo taken on my phone....awww look at that cute little moon:


Here is the moon with my good lens:



Needless to say I am looking forward to some SUPER BLOOD WOLF MOON ECLIPSE pictures. Stay tuned!


20 comments:

  1. Good thing it's not a space station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! That was one hell of a Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah! I better learn how to be a photographer now! hahaha

      Delete
  3. That really takes a stunning photo. Very nice, Jenn as we all wait for your stunning examples of what that lens can do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! Fingers crossed for clear skies on Sunday!!

      Delete
  4. Wow! That’s fantastic! Here’s hoping for a clear night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks William, will you be watching the eclipse too?

      Delete
  6. ...I'll stay tuned, good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom...it's looking like it might be cloudy. Darn.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful shot Jenn. I never tire of photographing the Moon. What a lovely gift! Oh you could do a side job as a private eye with that lens lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rain...that's what my sister said too. I won't be climbing trees though haha

      Delete
  8. And that's why a cell phone isn't suitable for all photography! Nothing like a great lens. Great photo, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be watching for your photos. Good luck! ╰(•̀ 3 •́)━☆゚.*・。゚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy, so far it's looking like it might be cloudy..but that could change...fingers crossed!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks RedPat! Fingers crossed that the cloudy forecast is wrong!!

      Delete