Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A Look Back

Hello Everyone! I did not get any blogging or blog reading done since my last post. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season with friends and family, food and drink and most of all joy and happiness. I am looking forward to a great year and want to wish you all the same.

Here is a 'Top 9' collage of 2018 from Instagram. I post a photo a day there so out of 365 images, these were the most popular. A couple of these are my personal favourites but not my very favourites. Interestingly 4 of 9 are from the same trip and 7 of 9 are winter shots. The people have spoken.

If you are on Instagram and want to see more, you can find me @jennspix


I am going to go back to a quick day trip taken on December 22nd. Any exploring trip is a good trip but this one was great due to the fact that 3 old schools, barns, abandoned houses and even some Texas Longhorns were spotted.

Here are the 3 schools in alphabetical order, which seems fitting:

Iola SD #1900 1908-1959. On private property.


Western Sunset SD#4662 1935-1957. On private property, used as a storage shed.



Willesden Green SD#3074 1914-1960. Named after a suburb of London. On a lonely hill with nothing around it except power lines.




I don't make resolutions but there are things I'd like to accomplish this year. The usual, spend more time with my son, eat healthier, and do well at my new job and also with my little side business. Of course my continuing mission is to explore strange new areas, to seek out old buildings and abandoned places, to boldly go where no one has been for awhile.

Do you make resolutions?

Take care all and catch up with you soon.

29 comments:

  1. ...Jen, you sure find some neat stuff and take gorgeous images of it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom, seems like something on every other gravel road sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Three schools in one day! Quite the score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That day trip was well spent with these shots. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks William, more often then not a trip turns up something interesting! Happy New Year to you as well.

      Delete
  4. Ha ha, I like your Star Trekish mission statement! May all your goals for 2019 be achieved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra!! I KNEW someone would recognize that!!! :)

      Delete
  5. I love the treasures that you find on the road trips. They are beautifully photographed, thanks for sharing these lovely buildings with us. Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! I seem to do well in the winter lol, which is when I'd prefer to not be out driving!!

      Delete
  6. I appreciate the fact that you and BW and others are getting photos of these places before they're gone forever. Thanks and have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gorges, it's nice to connect with people that appreciate these old places. All the best to you this year!

      Delete
  7. So much to like in this here post! Passed that old Kenworth some weeks back. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I like that that Kenworth is near-ish to home so I can see it often if I want! Happy New Year to you and Connie! Hope to see you both at some point for an explore.

      Delete
  8. Way to go! I am enjoying you postings of abandoned places. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy! I'll keep looking for them and posting them!

      Delete
  9. Lovely pics, Jenn … your Instagram as well. Happy and healthy New Year. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. … as for New Years resolutions … I have none … except onward bound says this Alberta cat and her cat. PS: I added a new post to my travel blog.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Cat! I will check out your travel blog. All the best for 2019!

      Delete
  10. Love all the photos, especially those with the old trucks.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! I knew you'd like those. Happy New Year to you and your family!

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year Jenn. I don't remember the "Grafic Arts" building. Love it.
    Love your work. Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frank, thank you! I posted that Graphic Arts Building in October but the photo was taken a couple months before that. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  12. i can see why these images are so popular, they are all beautiful!! you have a good eye for seeking out what will photograph with character!! i like winter/snow, it really adds a special element!!

    i don't make resolutions, i never have!! happy 2019, may it bring you much joy and great photo opportunities!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! Wishing you a wonderful 2019 as well!

      Delete
  13. Happy New Year and I hope we see another year of great pics from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RedPat! I am hoping to be more consistent with blogging. Looking forward to your posts as well.

      Delete
  14. Hi Jenn, such a pleasure to see your photos again, love the collage of popular shots and the old school buildings following. Such a fantastic way to record the history of the area. Wishing you all the very best for 2019 from Perth ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PDP! Thank you! I am hoping to find even more old buildings this year!! I look forward to your photos and really hope to visit there someday!

      Delete