Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Scenes of Sylvan


I got accepted to be part of a small photography exhibition at our local library called 'Scenes of Sylvan'. Sylvan being Sylvan Lake, Alberta. The town I now call home.

I am by no means a professional photographer....I'm not unprofessional, maybe an amateur or hobby photographer at best. But I enjoy it and I think that's what matters.

Most of my photos seem to be of the lake, as it is always different and beautiful. I have put together a few of my favourite images. Some of these may be on display. The only thing I do differently is I transfer my photos onto wood. You can see them here or on Instagram @ingrained_images.

In no particular order, some scenes in and around Sylvan Lake.













An example of the previous photo on wood!

If you find yourself in Sylvan Lake on August 18-19th, please stop by the photography show and from there it's only a couple blocks to the real lake!


24 comments:

  1. ...I can see why your photos were accepted, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom, if there is a nice sunset I usually stop what I am doing and get to the lake!

      Delete
  2. All those photos are beautiful and congrats on being included in the local exhibition. I'm sure people will love viewing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bill! I hope they enjoy my take on the lake!

      Delete
  3. Jenn, your photos are beautiful. Congratulations! The skies in some of the photos are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, the skies are what I am always watching!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Gorges! It is a picturesque place to live.

      Delete
  5. Nice! That one with the paddle boards really speaks to me. Just Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I liked that one too. You guys are welcome to come for a paddle any time!

      Delete
  6. Your photos are absolutely stunning. Congratulations. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of your best photos, ever. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Jenn! Amateur or professional, your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra, hope you're enjoying your summer! So hot this week!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful shots! Your third is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incroyably gorgeous images Jenn, look amazing on wood on your Ingrained site, totally in love with the lighthouse images ✨ hope the exhibition gets lots of visitors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! For the lovely comments and the follow. There are lots of great photographers around so I had to try something different. I love how they look on wood!!

      Delete
  11. These are wonderful, Jenn! I don't think I've seen a photo on wood. A friend does some onto aluminum which is interesting since some of the metal shows through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RedPat! Yeah I have not come across many other makers doing photo transfers on wood. The aluminum ones sure look good too!!

      Delete