Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Insert Inspirational Quote Here!

Why does summer time seem to move so fast? How can it be August 22nd already?

A few things have happened recently (that I do not need to get into here) but they had left me feeling discouraged and dispirited. So on my way home from a nearby town the other night, I decided to take a different route and get a change of scenery from the same old boring highway I have traveled so many times. It was the right choice, I took random turns but ended up where I was supposed to be.  The evening light was sensational and soft and I felt like I wanted to dance in the middle of the gravel road. I was having a moment. I was feeling inspired! It was just what I needed. It was also nice to see some blue sky after all the forest fire smoke.

I am pretty happy with some of the pictures I took and can't wait to get back out on there! All these images were taken within a few minutes of home.








I mentioned the forest fire smoke, it is blowing in from the west, where the Province of British Columbia is battling hundreds of forest fires. The sad statistic is that many of these are caused by humans.

August 15th, 2018
I am catching up with all my favourite blogs and will see you all soon!

25 comments:

  1. Fabulous pics as usual! I'm glad you got a lift of spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RedPat! Sometimes a small change can make all the difference!

      Delete
  2. These are stunning. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! I should go out more during just before sunset!

      Delete
  3. Awesome photos and I love your new header. Mixing up a routine can yield some nice results as you have proved. Well done, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bill, I appreciate your comments.
      I thought my header was maybe barley, but I was told by a reliable source (local farmer) that it is durum wheat!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks William...I need to chase this light more often!

      Delete
  5. Great photos Jenn! A change of scenery is always a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Thanks Marie, I now need to go travel all the other roads I didn't take yet lol!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Gorges! Sometimes I drive for hours and see very little, that night was special!

      Delete
  7. Lovey photos. You are so lucky to have such a variety of scenic places so close to home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy! I am lucky, the lake, the prairies and on most nights I can see the Rocky Mountains.

      Delete
  8. I love the photo that you have used for the 'header'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary! I was told it is durum wheat, so I learned something! I thought it was barley.

      Delete
  9. Not happy about this. Your bale photo is better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A better bale could be just down the next range road. Thanks BW.

      Delete
  10. That is indeed a sad situation Jenn, happens here in summer also. Beautiful series of rural images here ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PDP, I am lucky to live so close to a wide variety of scenery. No ocean though sadly.

      Delete
  11. Jenn...your photos are just beautiful! I hope you're doing well and whatever caused you discouragement lately is passing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rain! I think I need to learn to let some things go!

      Delete
  12. It's wonderful that you found such a great place, and even better that it's so close to home. I hope the fires and smoke are under control now. We dealt that with that a couple of years ago, and it was horrible.

    ReplyDelete