Thursday, August 17, 2023

Prettiest Barn Ever

I seem to be really hot and cold with this blog, so thank you for sticking around! The next few blog posts will not be from my usual stomping grounds of Alberta, but instead all the way west to Vancouver Island, British Columbia. The ocean is always a welcome sight for this landlocked, prairie girl and it is where I have some great childhood memories. This trip I brought my son for his 2nd visit to the Island, but first to the areas we visited this time. I always call it 'the Island' as if it is the only one...

On our last night there, we stayed at a charming tiny house and just down the lane was the most magical looking barn. By this point I had already passed it twice without seeing it and perhaps I noticed it on the 3rd pass because the light was just right. Or maybe it was magic, it sure felt like I had stumbled into a story book or a secret place, but maybe that it just me being excessively imaginative. 



Speaking of tiny houses, here is the one we rented. In the future I could live in one like this near the ocean and be completely content. 

19 comments:

  1. ...what a treat to see you pop up on my reader list. Are the vines holding up the barn or is the barn holding up the vines? It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom! Probably both!! It does look ready to collapse.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is definitely a camouflaged barn! Cute tiny house too! Looking forward to your upcoming travel posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We managed to pack a lot of vacation into 6 days!!

      Delete
  3. Tiny house are becoming popular here too. The way of the future!

    The barn is so picturesque and you did it justice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This tiny house was perfect...I told my son that when he is older, he needs a home with room for my tiny house haha!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely barn to come across, it's a beauty. The tiny house is pretty cool and just a bit of creativity can make it in to a nice living place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! I went by the barn again the next morning and it was too much in the shadows to look as pretty as it did in the late evening. The tiny house certainly had everything someone would need!

      Delete
  5. The barn shots are wonderful. I like the little house too. I think I have too much stuff to ever live in one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I would definitely have to get rid of like 90% of my stuff to live in a tiny house!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I've seen A LOT of barns and this is probably my favourite.

      Delete
  7. Great barn. Beats the ones I have found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A beaut for sure....no vines like that around here lol!

      Delete
  8. Four chairs meant the house was perhaps bigger than tiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a ridiculous comment. It's literally a tiny house, one regular bed and one loft bed, could technically sleep 4 but doesn't change the fact that it is tiny.

      Delete