Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Wandering Close to Home

Something always seems to get in the way of exploring lately. Life, time, money, family stuff, etc etc. However, I was able to take advantage of the warmer weather by shoveling some of the built up snow and ice off my deck and doing a bunch of sanding and staining in prep for some upcoming markets.  While I was doing this, the kiddo played in the snow, building tunnels and paths and digging holes. Yes, we still have a ton of snow, enough to build tunnels that a child can disappear into.

I also had to head up the road to a the town about 10 min away. On the way back I took a roundabout way home and saw a few photo worthy places. I spotted a trifecta of my favourite things (not all in one place), an old truck, an old barn and an abandoned house. If I'd seen a school it would have been a complete day.

The old truck was just behind a fence off the side of a gravel road, I stepped into the ditch for a closer photo and ended up in snow over my knees. I was wearing boots but not boots that tall. Needless to say, I got snow in said boots. As I was on the side of the road emptying snow out of my boots a county peace officer happened to drive by, he turned on his lights and asked if I was OK. I had to laugh and tell him what I was doing. He left and I continued on my way home, wet feet and all.




Is there still snow where you are? Or perhaps spring flowers?







27 comments:

  1. Snow here and another storm to ight! Ugh!

    Great old tractor too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, it seems like the never ending winter. Hope it's not a bad storm.
      I noticed the tractor but didn't really pay attention to it!

      Delete
  2. We got a dusting last night and it has melted but we may get a bit more tonight. I love your truck pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Red Pat, that truck is nice and close to home, Ill go visit it after the snow is gone. We have some snow in the forecast for later this week...I hope that's it for this winter!!

      Delete
  3. Nice barn! Still lots of snow down here and that means no gardening for awhile. I don't think winter is quite over yet. Almost forgot...I've also enjoyed several boots-full-of-snow this winter...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, interesting garage door added to the side of the barn! One more snow I bet!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too, thanks Gorges. I will have to visit that truck after the snow is gone.

      Delete
  5. The photos were worth the wet feet!

    We've had snow over the last few days. It's snowing outside right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi William, totally worth wet feet! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Nice rusted old truck and tractor. No snow here but according to the weather forecast some could be on the way for St. Patrick's Day, I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill, I hope the snow holds off for you and for us!

      Delete
  7. We haven't had snow in quite some time, don't worry you'll be laughing at us when we're dying in the summer heat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I don't know what is worse....I don't think I could handle that heat!

      Delete
  8. The photo of that old truck is great Jenn! :) Yes, it's snowing as I type this! I don't mind though because it's not too cold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Rain, thank you! You're right, it doesn't seem as bad when it's not too cold.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos! My list of things to make a perfect day is a bookcase with free books, a cat to pet, and a donkey. Donkeys are hard to come by but I will settle for a real nice sports car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Onevikinggirl! I love free books, so they have Little Free Libraries there?

      Delete
  10. Hello Jenn!
    I don’t know where my comments went last week when I came by to admire your backroads find but the barn is a stunner & the truck is the photographer ‘s dream!
    BTW I enjoyed your ‘lucky duck’ comment!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine....blogger is glitchy sometimes! Thanks for coming back lol.

      Delete
  11. I just returned from driving to Manitoba and back on the Yellowhead. I swear to gawd I thought of both you and BW Bandy every single time I saw a grain elevator, a saggy old barn or some weatherbeaten old farm building along the highway.This is what you two bloggers have done to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra...LOL travelling will never be the same!!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks Padre! I love travelling down a new road and spotting a big old barn!

      Delete
  13. The things we do to get that shot 😀 so much snow still Jenn, swap you some heat 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PDP! I will take the heat but won't send you any snow. We have more in the forecast for tonight.... :/

      Delete
  14. Great photos! We haven't had any snow for a little while. I'm really hoping we're done with it for the winter! I can't imagine dealing with all of the snow you have there.

    ReplyDelete