Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Hit & Miss near Hoadley, AB

A random find. Hit!

I was out near Hoadley, AB recently looking for something specific, which I found. However....it is an occupied property and not much was visible from the road. It is heavily treed and is not the kind of place you just roll up on and expect them to welcome you. In fact, I have heard they are not big on photographers. (Miss!) I moved on, hoping to come back in the fall and perhaps the tree cover wouldn't be as dense. Or maybe I will call them up and charm them with my wit and they'll invite me in with open arms. Don't laugh, it could happen.

The drive wasn't a total bust, I got a few photos and revisited an old school that I had seen earlier this year when it was covered in snow.

Pineville School. Opened in 1914. The original school was dismantled in 1951 and this school was moved in from the nearby Harmonien District (built in 1922) and used until 1959. I read it was then sold to the Anglican church and then was later remodelled as a home. I did not look inside.

February 2017

August 2017

Better view of the old school
Just east of the school was this old place, just needs some TLC, it'll be as good as new. These were taken on a previous trip through the area, not on the same day as the school. 





Some days are better than others when out exploring. I am usually happy if I get a photo or 2 of something interesting. Sometimes it's just nice to be out driving.

Enjoy your day, hope you have more hits than misses.

References: Pioneering With a Piece of Chalk

10 comments:

  1. Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks. Nevertheless it is always good to get out and explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn! :) I hope I have more hits than misses this week too. I wonder if your "rapier wit" won them over? Yes, I admit I smiled when you wrote that paragraph! :) Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rain :)
      I didn't call yet but I might have something in the works for this place...

      Delete
  3. Great pictures! I think maybe a miracle is needed instead of TLC on those last buildings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki! A coat of paint would do wonders lol! Some of these places I find look like they could still be fixed up. It's a shame so many just rot away.

      Delete
  4. Fallen timber does sound like it now

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are always misses but that just makes the hits so much better. Every day is a good day out on the road.

    ReplyDelete